Heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems are very complicated and stressful to have. However, some fun facts make these machines less of a worry to handle. Understanding how their important parts work, can influence your next service call or unit installation. Scary HVAC units are a thing of the past with these facts.
If you are in need to schedule a service call, contact Strittmatter Air Conditioning, Heating and Plumbing at (972) 436-6585 or contact us online.
Keep reading to find out some fun facts about the heating and cooling system. Most homeowners do not know about these, so scroll further to be ahead of the game.
Facts About the Furnace
Not a lot of people can say that they know much about their furnace. However, with these fun facts, it will help make the furnace seem less scary. It will also aid in learning the components and the furnace’s purpose. Here are a few facts that you might not know:
- The biggest source of heat in many homes across America is the furnace. Furnaces are generally natural gas powered, which makes them a favorite for most homeowners.
- Did you know that a cracked heat exchanger is very dangerous? A cracked heat exchanger has a high risk of a carbon monoxide gas leak. If you suspect a gas leak, contact your local HVAC technicians right away for emergency heating services.
- The word “furnace” originates from the Greek work “fornax”, which directly translates to oven. This is ironic because an oven can heat an area just like an furnace but with different uses.
- Every furnace is built with three main parts. These parts have to be in the furnace to work properly. Each furnace will contain a burner, heat exchanger and a blower. These components are vital to making the heated air safe to breathe.
- A conventional furnace can last more than 15 years with proper maintenance.
- Choosing a higher efficiency unit can decrease your energy bill every month. The higher the efficiency, the less energy it will depend on to function.
Facts About Air Conditioning
Air conditioners have been used by many cultures for many centuries. AC units are vital to living comfortably in hotter climates of the country. Air conditioners are now used in automobiles, planes and in many other mechanical systems. Here are some fun, yet practical facts about your air conditioning unit:
- Regular AC maintenance is key to lengthening the lifespan of the AC unit. Maintenance helps to find small issues before they become bigger problems.
- AC filters are the easiest thing to replace. It is also the most ignored part in the unit. Choosing the right filter can help to improve the air quality in your home.
- AC units are important for helping increase the economy for states in the south. Many people in those warmer regions wanted to move to the north for cooler weather. If AC units were not put in place, many areas in the south would be underdeveloped today.
- Air conditioning units use refrigerants to cool the air. This is why it is so important to keep refrigerant levels high and why leaks are very dangerous. If you suspect a refrigerant leak, it is important to call a technician to help safely control the situation.
- Air conditioners have been known to help people with asthma or who have allergies. This is because the AC unit can filter out potential allergens and particles from outside air.
Facts About Heat Pumps
Do you have a heat pump? If you do, it is important to understand how your heat pump works and what can happen when it does not work properly. Here are some fun facts that maybe your mechanically inclined friends might not know:
- Heat pumps have a dual mechanism that helps to cool and heat your home. Although it will not work at the same time, you will save money by using only one unit. This single system takes the place of both an air conditioner and a furnace.
- Due to this dual system, there is less maintenance. The unit needs to be clear of debris and blockages. Also, air filters should be replaced every 1-2 months. A professional can help with other heat pump services.
- Ductless heat pumps are a very popular option for heat pump installations. A ductless or mini split heat pump gets rid of the need for duct systems to circulate the air in your home.
Facts About Air Ducts and Vents
Knowing a thing or two about air ducts and vent systems can prevent costly HVAC repairs. It does not only help to avoid repairs, but also with understanding the technician during a service appointment. Here are some important facts about ducts and vents that can help you in the long run:
- Air ducts can become extremely dirty with dust. The dust accumulation in the ducts and vents can interfere with the efficiency of your unit. It is important to clean your unit often to prevent fire hazards.
- Air ducts and vents can be flexible or rigid depending on what type is needed for home installations. HVAC service companies can help determine sizing and materials needed.
- Air Ducts need to be tightly sealed for the unit to function properly. The HVAC technician should make sure that it is tightly sealed after the installation and during annual maintenance appointments.
- It is common to get leaks and disconnection. However, these can easily be resolved with an appointment.
HVAC Maintenance Service
HVAC service companies in Highland Village, TX are very important especially when your HVAC unit is failing to work properly. Finding the right HVAC company is easy by searching for a reliable and extremely well reviewed company.
Strittmatter Air Conditioning, Heating and Plumbing fits all the criteria and more. With a customer service oriented focus, we are ready to help you whenever you need it most. Trust the right company to maintain and repair your HVAC unit. You will not be sorry you called.
Are you in need of a highly rated and trusted HVAC service company? Strittmatter Air Conditioning, Heating and Plumbing is the best in the Highland Village, Texas area. Call us at any time by phone number (972) 436-6585 or contact us online using the inquiry form.