Are you noticing that your air conditioner is not working as well as it used to? This is a sign that your system needs a reboot to get the system running like new. Overtime parts will wear out and leaks may occur. This is why it is important to keep a lookout for any changes in your units efficiency.
Every once in a while you should give your unit the once-over to make sure everything is working properly. Check for things like a lack of cold air or strange noises. When problems like these occur, give a professional AC technician a call to help solve the problem.
Are you ready to schedule an appointment for your AC cooling system? Contact Strittmatter Air Conditioning, Heating and Plumbing today to help restart your AC system. Give us a call at (972) 362-4135 or schedule a service online.
Keep reading to find out if your air conditioner needs a recharge.
At Home Maintenance Inspection
It is important to complete a HVAC maintenance checklist at home to prevent any issues. There will be areas that will need to be inspected by a professional, such as refrigerant levels, but doing some yourself will save you time and money. Here are some of the different areas that should be inspected:
- Air filters will get clogged with dirt and debris over time. Quickly switch out your air filters or, at minimum, make sure they are clean.
- To check the thermostat, make sure that the unit powers up when switched to ‘on.’ There should be communication between the thermometer and the system. If your unit does not power on then there may be an electrical issue. Due to safety hazards, it’s always best to let professionals handle electrical repairs.
- Refrigerant leaks are easy to detect because there will be visible ice or frost buildup on the tubing/pipes, motors and fans. If there is noticeable frost, do not attempt to clean it up yourself. Refrigerants are dangerous and can cause major irritation and even chemical burns if handled improperly.
- Check the fan in the unit to make sure that it automatically moves when the air conditioner is turned on. If there is a problem with the fan, call a professional to help.
Completing this easy inspection will help you nail down any existing issues in your HVAC unit.
High Utility Bills
Wondering if your air conditioner needs some work? There are plenty of signs to look for. However, one of the easiest signs to notice is high utility bills. It is a good idea to see if and when your utility bills increase month-by-month. While an increase of a few dollars is nothing to write home about, any significant increases are a surefire sign that something is going on.
If your air conditioning unit is lacking refrigerant it will tend to cycle more frequently in order to efficiently cool your home. With the air conditioning system running so much, you’ll have an increase in your energy bill. It is important to rule out other causes of high utility bills such as long-term guests, changes in weather or other situational factors. Contact AC and heating companies to help with AC services.
Clogged filters are a bigger issue than many homeowners realize. They can impact the productivity of your unit and damage components by overworking them. If you notice that your HVAC system is not working properly or does not efficiently cool your house, you may have a clogged filter. Here is a checklist for dealing with clogged filters:
- Check every vent in the house or building for air filters. Make sure to inspect for any dirt and debris.
- If you have a washable air filter, wash it with water and soap and let it dry.
- All other filters should be replaced if dirty or clogged.
- Make sure to get the right model for what your air conditioner and household needs. Those who experience respiratory problems or allergies should be sure to purchase a HEPA filter.
Changing the air filter is an inexpensive and easy way to give your unit a boost. Remember to replace it every 1-2 months or as needed for the type of filter.
Lack of Cold Air From Vents
You should never experience warm air coming from your vents when your AC is set to “cool”. However, in the case that there is only warm air, you’ll need to call a professional. Larger issues, such as low refrigerant or blocked airflow, may be at hand in this situation. While you may want to attempt a DIY solution, it’s best to just call for professional HVAC technicians for AC repair .
Ice on Refrigerant Line
Ice on the refrigerant line is never a good sign. This indicates a potential refrigerant leak in the AC unit. When there is a low amount of refrigerant, either due to a leak or naturally reduced levels, then the evaporator coil will freeze. A leak can be temporarily fixed but needs to be completely repaired by a professional.
If the evaporator coil freezes, then ice will also begin to form on the pipes and coils. This should be before the ice makes it to the compressor and causes system failure. A frozen compressor may be cause for an expensive repair or a total system replacement. Schedule an HVAC appointment with a licensed technician.
AC and Heating Companies in Highland Village, TX
Air conditioning trouble in Highland Village, TX is never enjoyable. Why not give the experts in the industry a call to get things straightened out right away? Strittmatter Air Conditioning, Heating and Plumbing is a trusted AC cooling system repair company in Highland Village, TX. We have decades of experience and a highly qualified team of technicians to serve you. Call us at any time, day or night, so that we can help you – satisfaction guaranteed.
Do you need a maintenance inspection for your air conditioner? Trust the AC and heating companies in Highland Village, TX to help. Contact Strittmatter Air Conditioning, Heating and Plumbing today at (972) 362-4135 or schedule service online .