We use hot water for a multitude of essential daily chores—from taking a shower to getting the dishes and laundry done. Water heater troubles can bring it all to a halt, requiring professional water heater repair service. This out of sight, out of mind appliance is crucial in any modern household. That’s why we’ve put together common water heater problems and troubleshooting tips for Highland Village, TX homeowners. Searching for a “water heater repair service near me”? Call the pros at Strittmatter Air Conditioning, Heating and Plumbing for fast, dependable repairs and installation. Dial (972) 362-4135 to speak to a team member today or visit us online for more information.
Types of Hot Water HeatersBefore we get started, let’s take a quick look at common types of water heaters available:
- Conventional Storage Tank Water Heaters — These units heat and hold water in an insulated tank until it is needed and can be electric or gas operated.
- Tankless Water Heaters — Tankless systems heat water on demand and have an infinite hot water capacity.
- Heat Pump Water Heater — This hybrid system uses a tank and draws heat from the ground and air.
No Hot WaterIf water hasn’t been heated to any degree, this indicates one of several potential issues:
- A tripped breaker or blown fuse.
- A faulty or incorrectly set thermostat.
- Broken or faulty heating elements.
- A pilot light that is out or a faulty thermocouple (this applies to gas operated water heaters only).